DATE & TIME
Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020
Start Line – LaHarpe Blvd (behind Old Statehouse)
Finish Line – LaHarpe Blvd (behind Statehouse Convention Center)
Safety Zone – Statehouse Convention Center (Hall III)
FINAL MILE REGISTRATION FEES
- Limited to the first 1,200 children
- Limited to the first 800 parents
- One parent per child
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RaceRoster.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Registration is closed. No more registrations will be accepted.
- On-line registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their registration was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO EXPO REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
The Little Rock Kids Marathon is a project of and benefits Little Rock Parks & Recreation. We are incredibly grateful to all of you who participate the following amenities are included in your registration fee:
Little Rockers receive:
- Free training
- Official participant shirt (unisex cotton shirt-sizes not guaranteed after Feb. 1)
- Official race number
- Custom finisher’s medal
- Post-race refreshments
We recognize you may want to participate with their child because of the child’s age or special needs. We understand. If there are no special requirements, we encourage you to cheer for all children from the sidelines.
Please Note: If you plan to participate with your child…
- The cost is $10.
- Only one (1) parent can participate with a child.
- Please don’t register as a participant. You will fill out a portion on your child’s registration form.
- You will receive an race number (that matches your child) to be worn while on the course.
- You are responsible for your child the ENTIRE race.
- Price does not include participant shirt nor medal.
- The official parent shirt can be purchased for $18.
- Absolutely no one is permitted on the race course without an official event bib.
The Little Rock Marathon does not provide transportation to the start line. We recommend that parking south of the start line. Many of the roads north of the start line will be closed. Local parking lots and street parking south of the start line will be available race day. Please review the Parking Map prior to race day.
- Please do not park on the race course. Your car will be relocated.
- Be sure to allow time to park and walk to the Start Line.
Come prepared for a variety of weather conditions. With a reasonable likelihood in March, the threat of a tornado, extreme heat or icy conditions could prompt the cancellation of the event for all participants. Severe thunderstorms with the threat of lightning that are threatening the course and forecasted to continue throughout the day of the event may also result in cancellation of the event for all participants. Race officials will make decisions regarding the cancellation or alteration of the race. In the event of a course evacuation, marathon personnel or City of Little Rock Police will direct participants to designated shelter areas.
COURSE & LOGISTICS
- The parent will be issued the same race number as his/her child. That race number MUST be on the front, outer-most layer of the torso.
- As much as possible, please try to run/walk at an even pace the entire event instead of starting and stopping, sprinting and walking, etc.
- Should you need to walk, please move to the far right of the road and try to ease your pace into a walk instead of abruptly stopping.
- Stay to the right and allow others to pass on the left.
- Please pass slower runners/walkers on the left.
- If you see a participant who needs medical attention, please alert a course marshal or EMT.
- At the finish line please be aware that other participants coming up behind you and do not stop abruptly. Once you receive your medal please proceed through finishers’ chute and then celebrate with your family and friends outside of the chute.
- No dogs on the course.
- No bicycles are allowed on the course.
- No strollers on the course.
- Encourage other participants and thank our volunteers!
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS
- Final Race Instructions (emailed to parents race week)
- Course Map (pdf)
- Parking & Area Map (pdf)
- Road Closure Map (pdf)
- Finisher’s Certificate (post race)
Leah Pearce, Chair | E-mail