Welcome! The information on this page is for parents whose child is not registered and/or training with an official program.
Date: March 5, 2022
Time: 11:00 am CST
Place: LaHarpe Blvd., Little Rock, AR
(behind the Statehouse Convention Center)
FINAL MILE REGISTRATION FEES
1/31/2022 – 2/18/2022
- Limited to the first 1,800 children
- Limited to the first 1,000 parents
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RaceRoster.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- On-line registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their registration was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO EXPO REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
TRAINING FOR THE FINAL MILE
The first 25 miles are “honor” miles. Children get the most from this experience if they earn the miles. Measure a safe, secure route, which will allow easy record keeping. If your child is participating in a program, your child’s leader will do all this.
- A typical city block for example, is approximately 1/4 mile around.
- A high school track is 1/4 mile around.
- You can even measure a route inside your home and run/walk it to reach the mileage goal.
- We encourage you to join your kids and make this a family event.
- As your child completes his/her goals, he/she can keep track of progress using the Training Log. You will have to show your child’s mileage when you pick up his/her race packet.
- Daily record keeping is a lesson as kids chart their progress toward their goal.
- Recognize your child’s mileage. Present an “award” at 5, 10, 15 and 20 miles. Please see the “Motivate Your Little Rock” for suggested recognition. Make the awards presentation a special time. Recognition is important!
- Kids run or walk the first 25.2 miles of their marathon one mile at a time on a safe, secure route designated by parents, coaches or teachers. The program should take 6-8 weeks to complete depending on the fitness level of the child. A less-active child may need to start earlier to complete the program.
- Wear running shoes or sneakers and socks. Proper footwear helps prevent foot problems.
- Run/walk with a parent or friend. You can encourage each other that way. Talk while you run/walk, you can maintain the perfect pace that way.
- Stretch your legs before you train. Stretching helps prevent injuries. Hold each stretch for 20 seconds. DO NOT BOUNCE.
- Drink lots of water after you train and throughout the day. Water helps muscles do their work.
- Get plenty of sleep. Your muscles need lots of rest so you can keep running/walking every day.
- Eat a well-balanced diet including lots of protein (meat or dairy) and carbohydrates (pasta, rice, potatoes). Your body needs fuel to do its work!
- Below are training schedules with suggested distances or you may set up your own schedule with a parent or teacher’s help.
- If you can only run or walk a little, keep trying.
- If you run or walk more than a mile per day, great!
- If you play a lot of soccer or other sports where you run a lot, this may be easy. Just remember to space your workouts so you are prepared to run or walk the final distance on race weekend!
- Early completion of the program is not recommended. The schedule leaves Saturdays and Sundays available for make-up days or to give you a rest day during the week.
- It is important to keep track of your progress toward your goal. As you complete each mile, color or mark off each mile on the Training Log.
Kristen Lippencott | Email
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS
Final Race Instructions (coming soon)
Course Map (pdf)
Start Corrals Map (pdf)
Start/Finish Area Map (pdf)
Parking & Area Map (pdf)
2022 Finisher’s Certificate (coming soon)
Training Log (pdf)