Thank you for your interest in becoming a key volunteer for the 2021 Little Rock Marathon Marathon! Key volunteers are required to complete a brief online application by Friday, November 1, 2021
- Are enthusiastic and dedicated individuals who want to gain more experience with the Little Rock Marathon.
- Help manage, lead and instruct groups of volunteers, often in conjunction with a team of fellow key volunteers and event staff.
- Commit additional time to the event for pre-race meetings and race weekend set-up as needed.
- Assist with race operations, processes and organization. Some key volunteers do not manage other groups of volunteers.
- Have previous volunteer experience with the Little Rock Marathon or another major racing event.
- Learn more about the characteristics of a key volunteer.
Key volunteers must be available on the following dates based on their respective assignment:
Health & Fitness Expo at Statehouse Convention Center
Friday, November 19 | 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday, November 20 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
* Thursday, November 18 (Expo setup) – 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
* Friday, November 19 – 8:30 am – 8:30 pm
* Saturday, November 20 – 8:30 am – 9 pm
Little Rock 5K & 10K on LaHarpe Blvd (behind Statehouse Convention Center)
Saturday, November 20
Shift Time: 5:00 am – Noon
Little Rockers Kids Marathon on LaHarpe Blvd (behind Statehouse Convention Center)
Saturday, November 20
Start: 11:00 am
Shift Time: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Little Rock Half & Marathon on LaHarpe Blvd (behind Statehouse Convention Center)
Sunday, November 21
Shift Time: 4:00 am – 4:00 pm
Health & Fitness Expo
The Health & Fitness Expo is the first stop for many participants and is held at Statehouse Convention Center on Friday, November 19 and Saturday, November 20. Key volunteers must be available to volunteer for the entirety of both days. Key volunteers provide support in one of the following areas:
- volunteer check-in
- participant shirt and packet distribution
Little Rock 5K / Little Rock 10K
The Little Rock 5K and 10K takes place on Saturday, November 20 as part of the Little Rock Marathon weekend. Key volunteers provide direction and support in one of the following areas:
- start line corrals
- runner services
Little Rockers Kids Marathon
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon takes place on Saturday, November 20 as part of the Little Rock Marathon weekend. Key volunteers provide direction and support in one of the following areas:
- start line corrals
- safety zone
Little Rock Marathon / Little Rock Half Marathon
The Little Rock Marathon and Half Marathon take place Sunday, November 21. Key volunteers provide direction and support in one of the following areas:
- Start line key volunteers oversee start corral volunteers and operations, providing instructions, and management to keep participants organized as they advance through the start line.
- Runner services key volunteers work with other operations staff to manage two shifts of volunteers and to ensure continuous participant flow and efficient distribution of materials. They will also assist with the set-up and/or clean-up of their respective stations.
- Information team key volunteers oversee teams of volunteers that roam throughout designated areas of Athlete’s Village and in front of the Statehouse Convention Center, where they will be responsible for answering event-related questions and directing participants and spectators to their destinations.
- Gear check key volunteers oversee general volunteers and operations in gear check, where they will organize participant gear, provide efficient service, locate missing items, and keep volunteers on task.
- Athletes Village key volunteers are stationed inside Athlete’s Village (Halls I & II), oversee volunteers and operations, providing instruction, and management to keep participants and spectators organized and informed.
- Open to opportunities. Key volunteers who are flexible and open to roles anywhere need demands are highly sought after and always appreciated. Individuals without preference to an area could be placed on any of the teams mentioned above.
Please review the following information before completing the key volunteer application form.
In order to gain an understanding of the expectations set forth for all event volunteers, please review the volunteer policies (link) before applying.
New applicants and returning applicants requesting different role assignments will receive a phone call to further discuss their interest in the event, their relevant experience, and where their talents can best be utilized race weekend. All applicants will be assigned based on event needs, qualifications, experience, and availability, and assignments may differ from historical placement for returning key volunteers. Please note that the number of applicants often exceeds the number of key volunteer roles available.
In order to provide assignments and training before the event, the deadline to apply as a key volunteer is Monday, November 1, 2021
If a general volunteer role better suits your schedule, please visit the volunteer information page to view opportunities and register.