After completing the first 25.2 miles of the marathon, your child can be part of the Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile on Saturday, March 3rd. This is a special event on race weekend where kids can run to their finish line, covering that final mile of the official Little Rock Marathon course.
DATE & TIME
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Start/Finish – LaHarpe Blvd (map link)
Enter start corrals from Markham & Ashley
If your child is not participating with an official group, you must pick up your child’s packet at the Expo on Friday, March 2 (10 am to 8 pm). If you child is part of an official program, the leader will have your child’s packet.
- There is NO EXPO REGISTRATION
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP
The Little Rock Marathon does not provide transportation to the start line. Local parking lots and street parking south of the start line will be available race day. Please review the Parking Map prior to race day.
- Please do not park on the race course. Your car will be relocated.
- Be sure to allow time to park and walk to the Start Line.
Come prepared for a variety of weather conditions. With a reasonable likelihood in March, the threat of a tornado, extreme heat or icy conditions could prompt the cancellation of the event for all participants. Severe thunderstorms with the threat of lightning that are threatening the course and forecasted to continue throughout the day of the event may also result in cancellation of the event for all participants. Race officials will make decisions regarding the cancellation or alteration of the race. In the event of a course evacuation, marathon personnel or City of Little Rock Police will direct participants to designated shelter areas.
COURSE & LOGISTICS
- The parent will be issued the same race number as his/her child. That race number MUST be on the front, outer-most layer of the torso.
- As much as possible, please try to run/walk at an even pace the entire event instead of starting and stopping, sprinting and walking, etc.
- Should you need to walk, please move to the far right of the road and try to ease your pace into a walk instead of abruptly stopping.
- Stay to the right and allow others to pass on the left.
- Please pass slower runners/walkers on the left.
- If you see a participant who needs medical attention, please alert a course marshal or EMT.
- At the finish line please be aware that other participants coming up behind you and do not stop abruptly. Once you cross the finish line, please proceed through runner services as directed by volunteers.
- No dogs on the course.
- No bicycles are allowed on the course.
- No strollers on the course.
- Please see final instructions for all details.
Leah Pearce, Chair
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS