Information on this page pertains to the marathon (26.2 miles). If you need information on any of the other events, please refer to those pages.
~ The Little Rock Marathon is a USATF certified course (AR08003DLP)
~ The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Qualifier. Please refer to Boston Athletics Association for qualifying times
~ Walkers are welcome in all race weekend events
~ 8 hour time limit (beginning at 6 am)
~ SOLD OUT (December 17, 2012) – limited to the first 3,000 registrants
Sunday, March 3, 2013
6:00 a.m. Early Start (only those needing more than 6 hours)
7:55 a.m. Wheelchair, Hand Cycle & Physically Challenged Athlete Start
8:00 a.m. General Start
Date Online Mail In
Thru 10/31/12 $85 $90
11/1/12 to 12/17/12 $95 $100
12/18/12 to 2/22/13 NA NA
At Expo NA NA
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- Transaction and credit card processing fees are charged on the total amount by GetMeRegistered.com when you register online.
- Both online and mail in registration are closed because the registration cap was reach December 17, 2012.
- No registration will be available at the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo.
- Individuals who register on-line will receive an auto-generated registration confirmation.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
MARATHON PARTICIPANT & FINISHER AMENITIES
The Little Rock Marathon is a project of and benefits Little Rock Parks & Recreation. We are incredibly grateful to all of you who participate and as a way of saying thank you, we offer the following:
~ Official Participant Shirt (tech unisex sizing – size not guaranteed)
~ Pre Race Book (must be registered by January 15, 2013)
~ Personalized race number (deadline December 31, 2012)
~ Limited edition race poster
~ Scenic course featuring the Capital City’s famous landmarks
~ Entertainment throughout the course!
~ Plentiful course support and aid station
~ Loads of southern hospitality
~ Appropriately large finisher’s medal – yes it’s huge!
~ Finisher’s Certificate (available online mid April)
~ Finish Line refreshments (see FAQs on what it is)
~ Admission to the post race party (must RSVP prior to race weekend)
SWITCHING RACES & REGISTRATION CHANGES
Participants may switch between races (i.e. marathon to half, half to 10K, 5K to half) ONLY if the desired race is NOT sold out. Changes may be made with the following restrictions:
- Participants cannot transfer their registration to another individual. Please see the registration page for detail and see FAQs for penalties for unauthorized individuals.
- Change requests will NOT be processed until the Change Form is received with your signature and any applicable fees.
- Changes requested through 11:59 CST January 15, 2013 will not incur an administrative fee.
- Changes requested after 11:59 CST January 15, 2013 will incur a $10 administrative fee, plus any increase in race fees.
- There are NO refunds on fees when you switch races.
- Race changes requested after 11:59 CST February 22, 2013 will be processed at race weekend rates (if space is available in the desired race).
- To correct personal data please submit the change form as quickly as possible. Corrections of personal data are made free of charge.
Early start is ONLY for those athletes needing more than 6 hours to complete the race. Only those who are approved for the early start will receive an official time. The early start is NOT an alternative start! Those who complete the course faster than 6 hours and start early may be subject to permanent disqualification.
Traffic is controlled for 8 hours (beginning at 6 am). Later finishers will be supported, but may be asked to utilize the sidewalk. BUT, you will definitely receive your finisher’s medal!
All 2013 Little Rock Marathon races (does not include Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile) will be electronically timed using the IPICO timing system (pronounced eye-pee-co). The IPICO system utilizes the Sportag™ (aka Tag) rather than a timing “chip”. ChampionChip timing devices will not work on the IPICO system.
A participant’s time begins once the Tag (attached to his/her shoe) crosses the start line and will record time until it passes over the finish line. As a result, regardless of where a participant lines up in the start corrals, his/her official time will not begin until the Tag crosses the start line. This does not apply to those participants in the elite corral.
The IPICO Sports data capture system is very simple. The Sportag™ contains a microchip and two antenna loops, one to ‘wake up’ the Tag and the other to send its signal. When the Tag comes into contact with the antenna mat, it wakes up and starts sending its unique signal again and again to the reader, which stores volumes of data to be managed and communicated. Timing services are provided by the End Result Company, LLC of Bettendorf, IA.
- A loaner Tag will be issued to each registrant at packet pick up.
- A $30 replacement fee will be charged for all lost or unreturned tags.
- Volunteers will be at the finish line to collect all timing tags.
- No tag. No time. No exceptions.
- Cash awards will be based on gun time and all other awards will be based on Tag time.
START LINE/START CORRALS
The start line and start corrals are secure areas for participants only. The intent of the corral start is to ensure a positive race experience and provide all participants the same opportunity for a quick, smooth and safe start with sufficient room to run/walk along the race course.
To facilitate a smooth start race morning, the lettered Start Corrals A and B are for placement of the fastest participants based on their recent finish times of a qualifying event (see details below). The C Corral and Open Corral are self-seeded placement of participants by estimated net finish time. As a reminder, a participant’s official time does not begin until he or she crosses the start line. The timing system provides each participant with an accurate time from the start line to finish line.
- If you do not give an estimated finish time, you will automatically be assigned to the Open Corral.
- You MUST qualify to be placed in Corral A and Corral B (see details below on how to be placed in Corral A or Corral B).
- The deadline to be placed in Corral A or Corral B is December 31, 2012. After December 31st, you will be placed in Open Corral. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Qualifying events must be within the previous 12 months.
- Placement in Corral A & B is NOT automatic and is NOT guaranteed.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is on a first come, first-severed basis.
To be placed in Corral A or Corral B you must do the following:
- CORRAL A AND B ARE CLOSED! NO ATHLETES WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THESE CORRALS
- Submit qualifying times in the form of an official finisher’s certificate or race result page from an official marathon within the past 12 months.
- Email messages or Web site links are not accepted as proof of qualifying.
- Proof of qualifying times can be faxed to 501-399-3415 or a PDF may be emailed to email@example.com.
Times standards are as follows:
|Corral A||Under 3:20:59||7:39:93|
|Corral B||3:21:00 to 3:45:59||8:37:14|
|Corral C||3:46:00 to 4:00:59||9:11:47|
Veteran marathoners will again act as our volunteer pace leaders on race day. The goal of the pace team is to make sure everyone runs/walks at their desired pace and that everyone has a good time. They are part coach, part cheerleader, part running guru and all volunteer. Some leaders sing, some lead chants, some play trivia games, while others may struggle just like you. All of our pacers are experienced marathoners who are participating in the Little Rock Marathon to help each member of their group achieve their goal time.
Pace times are as follows:
|Finish Time||Pace Per Mile||Finish Time||Pace Per Mile|
If you are an experienced marathoner and would be interested in leading a pace group for a specific time, please contact Guy Patteson III, Pace Team Coordinator.
The Little Rock Marathon offers a prize purse in excess of $19,000 and welcomes elite athletes to our event. Each year, the Little Rock Marathon receives numerous requests for professional status. Elite Athlete status is determined by specific time standards and most importantly, an athlete’s history with the Little Rock Marathon. Space is limited. Marathon time standards are as follows:
|Open||under 2:40||Open||under 2:55|
|Masters||under 2:45||Masters||under 3:15|
For more information on the 2013 Elite Athlete Program and what is required, please contact Joyce Taylor, Elite Athlete Program Chair.
- Only the first place male and female winners of marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be presented with an award at the finish line. All other awards, including top athletes and age group awards for the marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be mailed once race officials have certified the results.
- Overall cash awards are based on gun time. All other awards are based on chip time.
- There are no duplication of awards.
PREVIOUS WINNING TIMES