The Little Rock Marathon is offering a FREE virtual training program to prepare individuals for the 2017 Little Rock Marathon (as well as half marathon, 10K and 5K). Proper training can be the difference between a great race experience and a long bad day.
Our goal is to offer you virtual coaching and guidance, as well as motivation to get you across the finish line. Whether it is your first race or a personal best, our free virtual training tips and schedules are for athletes of all ages and levels of fitness.
Since 2003, our veteran RRCA coaches Hobbit and Tom Singleton, have trained more than 22,000 individuals.
- Training schedules geared to safely prepare individuals for race day
- Training tips
- “Ask the Coach” and educational webinars/videos
- We recommend finding a training partner or group to join.
- Find a schedule that works best for you (ours is free and proven).
- Stop by Rock City Running to get started on the right foot.
- Please consult with your physician before beginning this or any fitness program.
Want to see what this year’s official training looks like? CLICK HERE for details.
To order a shirt, you can either purchase it when you register for the race or CLICK HERE.
Training schedules are divided into two parts.
- Build-Up Phase
The build-up phase of training is for those who are starting from scratch or need to build up to the distance of the first official long training.
- Official Phase
The official phase of training is for those who plan to participate in the 2017 event.
Notes from Mama Hobbit
- The Basics (link)
- Distance vs. time (link)
- Training Goals (link)
- Those Shoes (link)
- Equipment (link)
- Running At Night – 2013 (link)
For other videos, check out the official Little Rock Marathon Channel (click here)
For more information about the 2017 Training Program please contact:
Hobbit Singleton | E-Mail