WHAT IS THE LITTLE ROCKERS KIDS MARATHON?
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon was launched in 2004 in response to the growing concern over our children’s health and the increasing childhood obesity rates. Since that time, more than 91,300 children across the country have taken part in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile and free training program.
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon allows children – first through sixth grade – the opportunity to enhance their physical activity by following a fun, simple running and/or walking program while focusing on reaching a goal.
Our FREE turn-key program is available to families, schools, religious and civic organizations, and community groups in any city. You don’t have to be a runner to lead a program; you only need to be someone interested in helping children get the physical activity they need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
To motivate children to commit to a physical routine, which will allow them to experience the overall benefits of achieving their goals, not only when they cross the finish line, but in life.
Our goal is simple. Get our kids moving!
HOW CAN MY CHILD PARTICIPATE?
There are two ways your child can take part of in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program and Final Mile.
through an official Program at a school, church or civic organization
Little Rockers consists of two phases:
- Little Rockers Training Program
- Little Rockers Final Mile
PHASE I – LITTLE ROCKERS TRAINING PROGRAM
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program is a fun, non-competitive, multi-week running and walking program that children participate in through their schools, sports groups, church or at home with a parent/guardian.
- The training program is inclusive and easily adaptable for children of all ages.
- Teachers or parents can easily lead the weekly trainings.
- Programs do not have to participate in the Final Mile at the Little Rock Marathon in March. A Final Mile can be conducted in your town. We can help you put it together.
- If there is not a program at your child’s school, you can use the program to train your child at home.
PHASE II – LITTLE ROCKERS KIDS MARATHON FINAL MILE
- After completing at least 25.2 miles of the marathon, your child can be part of the Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile on Saturday, March 4, 2023.
- Held the weekend of the Little Rock Marathon, your child can finish the final mile of their marathon on the official Little Rock Marathon course.
- Participants get all the swag deserving of a marathoner including shirt, medal, and finisher’s treats.
- Registration is required. Adults can accompany kids but for safety and security of our children, we do ask that they be registered as well.
- An estimated 1,800 children and 900 parents will be participating in this year’s Final Mile.
Rhonda Redmond | E-mail
2023 Fact Sheet (click here)
Parent FAQs (click here)