Welcome! The information on this page is for parents whose child is NOT registered and/or training with an official program.
Fees are NOT refundable.
- Limited to the first 1,800 children
- Limited to the first 900 parents
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RacesOnline.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Online registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their registration was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
TRAINING FOR THE FINAL MILE
- The first 25 miles are “honor” miles. Children get the most from this experience if they earn the miles. Measure a safe, secure route, which will allow easy record keeping. If your child is participating in a program, your child’s leader will do all this.
- A typical city block for example, is approximately 1/4 mile around.
- A high school track is 1/4 mile around.
- You can even measure a route inside your home and run/walk it to reach the mileage goal.
- We encourage you to join your kids and make this a family event.
- As your child completes his/her goals, he/she can keep track of progress using the Training Log. You will have to show your child’s mileage when you pick up his/her race packet.
- Daily record keeping is a lesson as kids chart their progress toward their goal.
- Recognize your child’s mileage. Present an “award” at 5, 10, 15 and 20 miles. Please see the “Motivate Your Little Rock” for suggested recognition. Make the awards presentation a special time. Recognition is important!
- The program should take 6-8 weeks to complete depending on the fitness level of the child. A less-active child may need to start earlier to complete the program.
- Wear running shoes or sneakers and socks. Proper footwear helps prevent foot problems.
- Children should run/walk with a parent or friend. Encourage your child to talk while they run/walk, it can help them maintain the perfect pace that way.
- Stretch legs before training. Stretching helps prevent injuries. Hold each stretch for 20 seconds. DO NOT BOUNCE.
- Encourage your child to drink a lot of water after each training and throughout the day. Water helps muscles do their work.
- Eat a well-balanced diet that includes a lot of protein (meat or dairy) and carbohydrates (pasta, rice, potatoes). Their bodies need fuel to do its work!
- If your child runs or walks more than a mile per day, great! If your child can only run or walk a little, encourage them to keep trying.
- Early completion of the training program is not recommended. The schedule leaves Saturdays and Sundays available for make-up days or to give you a rest day during the week.
- It is important to keep track of your child’s progress toward his/her goal.
- As your child complete each mile, color or mark off each mile on the Training Log.
Once your child has registered for the Final Mile, you will receive an email that contains training schedules, motivational tips, and other resources to help get your child across the finish line. If you would like to receive a sample schedule before you register your child, please CLICK HERE.
Rhonda Redmond, Chair| Email
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS
Final Race Instructions (TBA)
Course Map (pdf)
Start Corrals Map (pdf)
Start/Finish Area Map (pdf)
Parking & Area Map (pdf)