Information on this page pertains to the official 2014 training program. If you need information on a specific race, please refer to that page.
Established in 2003, the Little Rock Marathon Training Program has helped thousands of athletes (runners, walkers, woggers) cross the finish line
Led by veteran coaches Hobbit and Tom Singleton, the Little Rock Marathon Training Program provides a safe, proven program to all who want to become finishers. Training is free, but you have to sign up to get all the benefits.
The Little Rock Marathon Training Program is for those individuals wanting to:
- Start a running or walking program
- Improve your health
- Reduce stress
- Complete your first marathon or half marathon or achieve your personal best
- Learn more about training safely and avoiding common running/walking injuries
- Have fun and meet new people
August – March (depending on what event you are training for)
TRAINING PROGRAM FEATURES
- Weekly training tips (click here to see videos)
- Schedules available for all 2014 Little Rock Marathon races
- Advanced programs available (email coaching staff)
- Weekly training emails (includes location of Saturday training, tips from MaMa Hobbit, and much more)
OFFICIAL TRAINING GROUPS
The Little Rock marathon does not charge a fee for the use of its training program. Only the groups listed on this page are official training programs of the Little Rock Marathon.
Training schedules are divided into two parts.
- Build Up Phase
The build up phase of training is for those who are starting from scratch or need to build up to the distance of the first official long training.
- Official Phase
The official phase of training is for those who plan to cross the finish line in March.
Build Up Schedules – 2014 Race
Official Training Schedules – 2014 Race
PLEASE NOTE: Only entry level schedules are posted on the website. Individuals interested in an intermediate or an advanced schedule should be a registered training participant and should contact the coaches for a schedule.
For more information about 2014 Training Program or leading an official program in your area, please contact:
Tom & Hobbit Singleton, Head Coaches
Please consult with your physician before beginning this or any fitness program.