SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER:
The Little Rock Marathon is a volunteer-driven organization. We offer many volunteer and leadership opportunities each year to inspire giving, personal growth and community. We cannot run without you! Thank you!
We’re always looking for fun, hardworking people to take a greater part in our organization, from the big marathon weekend to our other races throughout the year. Take a peek at how you could get involved…
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Aid Stations
- Packet Pick-Up
- Race Course Entertainment/Cheer Groups
- Perks VIP Area, presented by the Hatcher Agency
- Start/Finish Lines
- Athlete’s Village, presented by ACH Angels
- Gear Check
- And much more…
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Besides the satisfaction of knowing you are helping countless individuals accomplish their goal of crossing the finish line, you will:
- Receive an official volunteer t-shirt
- Earn volunteer/community service credit hours (if needed)
- Win possible awards for being the best in your volunteer capacity
- Meet people from all over the country
- Serve in a fun, festive atmosphere alongside like-minded individuals
Is your organization, church group, or company looking for community outreach and volunteer opportunities? The Little Rock Marathon has several volunteer areas that are perfect for groups! For more details, please contact us (CLICK HERE).
CALLING ALL ENTERTAINERS!
Are you in a band, DJ, dance crew or any other type of entertainment or performance group? If so, we’d love to have you join us as official entertainment. You will have the opportunity to perform in front of thousands of participants and spectators along our 26.2 mile race course! To learn more, please CLICK HERE to visit our Entertainment webpage.
We strive to insure our volunteers have a meaningful experience! Please take a moment to review the following volunteer guidelines. As race weekend approaches, you will receive any additional instructions you may need.
- Volunteers must register online in advance (All volunteers must create a Race Roster account before registering as a volunteer). Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- ALL Volunteers (except aid stations and pre-approved groups) must check-in when they arrive at the Volunteer Check-In Booth, located inside the Statehouse Convention Center across from the Expo Halls entrance.
- Many volunteer areas require that you stand throughout your shift and work outside in any weather. If you are unable to do so, please note this in the “comments” section of your application.
- Finish line setup and tear down require that you are able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- If you are dealing directly with runners you will receive a volunteer t-shirt which should be worn during your entire shift. We will do our best to accommodate size requests.
- Volunteers in several secure areas, like the start/finish line, will be required to wear a provided colored safety vest at all times during your volunteer shift. Please return vests after your shift.
- Please arrive on time for your shift and work your entire shift. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please let the volunteer coordinator know.
- If you are unable to work your assigned shift, please let the volunteer coordinator know.
- Please be sure to allow adequate time to park and get to your designated work area.
- Do not bring children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
- All volunteers under age 16 must be under the guidance of a parent or adult.
- Pets are not permitted in any volunteer areas.
- Cell Phone Policy: The use of cell phones during your volunteer shift is prohibited (except in case of an emergency). Please turn off your phones or leave them at home or in a safe place before you volunteer. You may use your phone again after your shift is over.
- Our volunteers are a reflection of our community. Volunteers should conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Be respectful to runners and fellow volunteers by not smoking and not using profanity.
If you have any questions about our volunteer opportunities or how to get involved, please contact:
Emily Stonecipher | EMAIL