We’re always looking for fun, hardworking people to take a greater part in our organization in many different ways, from on the big race day or throughout the year.
Take a peek at how you could get involved.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Besides the satisfaction of knowing you are helping countless individuals make their dream a reality, you will receive the 2017 official race volunteer t-shirt, earn volunteer credit hours and win possible awards for being the best in your volunteer capacity and the pride of knowing you helped others accomplish their goals and make it to the finish.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Aid stations
- Packet Pick up
- Post Race
- And much more
We strive to insure our volunteers have a meaningful experience! Please take a moment to review the following volunteer guidelines which will help us match your skills and abilities with an open volunteer position.
As race weekend approaches, you will be contacted by your area captain who will provide you with additional instructions.
- Volunteers must register online in advance. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Many volunteer areas require that you stand throughout your shift and work outside in any weather. If you are unable do so, please note this in the “comments” section of your application.
- Finish line setup and tear down require that you are able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- If you are dealing directly with runners you will receive a volunteer t-shirt which should be worn during your entire shift. We will do our best to accommodate size requests.
- Please arrive on time for your shift and work your entire shift. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please let your area captain know.
- Please be sure to allow adequate time to park and get to your designated work area.
- If you are unable to work your assigned shift please contact your area captain or CLICK HERE to let us know.
- Do not bring children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
- All volunteers under age 16 must be under the guidance of a parent or adult.
- Pets are not permitted in any volunteer area.
- Our volunteers are a reflection of our community. Volunteers should conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Be respectful to runners and fellow volunteers by not smoking and not using profanity.
If you would like to learn more about our volunteer opportunities or how to get involved, please CLICK HERE.