Information on this page pertains to the 10K (6.2 miles). If you need information on any of the other events, please refer to those pages.
- The Little Rock 10K is on a USATF certified course AR14035DLP
- Walkers are welcome in all race weekend events
- 2 hour time limit
- Limited to the first 1,850 registrants
Sunday, March 1, 2015
7:58 am Wheelchair & Hand Cycle (presented by Be Extraordinary)
8 am General Start
LOCATION – New
Start Line – East Capitol Avenue & Scott Street
Finish Line – President Clinton Avenue & Sherman Street
|Thru Oct 31, 3014||$35||$40|
|Nov 1 – Dec 31, 2014||$45||$50|
|Jan 1 – Feb 20, 2015||$50||$55|
|At Expo (if space available)||$60||na|
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RacesOnline.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 20, 2015. If the race has NOT sold out, registration will resume at the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo on February 27 – 28, 2015.
- On-line registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their registration was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
- Mail-in entries MUST be postmarked by February 20, 2015. Entries postmarked after February 20, 2015 will be held until the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo and processed at Expo rates (if the desired race is not sold out).
- To register by mail, send registration form and fees made payable to:
Little Rock Marathon
500 W. Markham, Room 108B1
Little Rock, AR 72201
10K PARTICIPANT & FINISHER AMENITIES
The Little Rock Marathon is a project of and benefits Little Rock Parks & Recreation. We are incredibly grateful to all of you who participate the following amenities are included in your registration fee:
All 10K participants receive:
- Official Little Rock 10K Participant Shirt (technical wicking shirt – unisex sizing – please CLICK HERE to see policy and sizing chart before registering)
- Personalized race number (deadline January 15, 2015)
- Souvenir Race Book (must be registered by January 15, 2015)
- Scenic course featuring the Capital City’s famous landmarks
- Entertainment throughout the course
- Plentiful course support and aid station
- Loads of southern hospitality
All 2015 finishers receive:
- Appropriately large finisher’s medal
- Post-race festivities with food, refreshments and live music
SWITCHING RACES & REGISTRATION CHANGES
Participants may switch between races (i.e. marathon to half, half to 10K, 5K to half) ONLY if the desired race is NOT sold out. We encourage you to make this decision early as possible as WE CANNOT ADD PARTICIPANTS TO AN EVENT ONCE IT IS CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED.
Changes may be made with the following restrictions:
- Participants cannot give their registration to another individual. Please see FAQs for penalties for unauthorized individuals.
- Change requests will NOT be processed until the Change Form is completed online and any applicable fees. CLICK HERE to change your registration.
- Changes requested through 11:59 pm CST February 1, 2015 will not incur an administrative fee. Changes requested after 11:59 pm CST February 1, 2015 will incur a $10 administrative fee, plus any increase in race fees.
- There are NO refunds on fees when you switch races.
- Race changes requested after 11:59 CST February 20, 2015 will be processed at race weekend rates (if space is available in the desired race).
- To correct personal data please submit the change form as quickly as possible. Corrections of personal data are made free of charge. CLICK HERE to correct personal data.
- New spectator friendly course for 2015
- Little Rock 10K is run on a USATF certified 6.2-mile course. The race is not a USATF sanctioned event.
- Traffic is controlled for 2 hours. Later finishers will be supported, but may be asked to utilize the sidewalk. BUT, you will definitely receive your finisher’s medal!
All 2015 Little Rock Marathon races (except for the Little Rockers Final Mile) will be timed using the Jaguar™ RFID Race Timing System, as well as disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. The disposable chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions.
- no mats on the ground to slip or trip on
- no chips or tags to return post race
- official “gun” time results available at the results tent with live scrolling results on TV Monitors and touch screen kiosks
- No chip/race number. No time. No exceptions.
How does the Jaguar System works?
Jaguar uses ultra-efficient antennas that are placed above and beside the finish line and other timing locations such as start and split points. Using specially customized RFID readers, Jaguar can read the disposable timing chips in the most demanding environment – on the human body. Being made mostly of water, the human body does a great job of absorbing RF energy. That makes it extremely difficult to read the very low-power signal reflected back from a timing chip. Jaguar has the engineering technology that allows disposable bib chips to work extraordinarily well.
CLICK HERE for more information and instructions.
Timing services are provided by Start 2 Finish LLC of Memphis, TN.
START LINE & START CORRALS
The start line and start corrals are secure areas for participants only. Start corrals are used to provide a smooth fast start for faster athletes, as well as a positive race experience with sufficient room to run/walk along the race course. The goal is to keep slower athletes from lining up in front of faster athletes. Athletes should line up in the start corral that corresponds to the letter on his/her race number. Start corrals were assigned based on the estimated finish time given at registration.
Start Corral Times:
|A||Under 3:00:59||Under 1:30:59||NA||yes|
|B||3:01:00 to 3:45:59||1:31:00 to 1:45:59||under 39:59||yes|
|C||3:46:00 to 4:20:59||1:46:00 to 2:20:59||40:00 to 54:59|
|D||4:21:00 to 5:00:59||2:21:00 to 3:00:59||55:00 to 1:22:59|
|Open||5:01:00 to 6:00:00||3:01:00 to 4:00:00||1:23:00 to 2:00:00|
|Early||6:00:59 to 8:00:00||NA||NA|
Corral A & B Seeding:
Athletes who can document a performance better than or equal to the qualifying times noted below may submit their proof (via link to qualifying time) during registration. If you do not have link available during registration, CLICK HERE to email the link to your proof.
- The deadline to be placed in Corral A or Corral B is January 15, 2015. After the deadline, you will be placed in a corral that has an opening.
- Staff will not look up a time – even if you participated last year.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is NOT automatic and is NOT guaranteed.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is on a first come, first-severed basis (it pays to register early).
- To qualify for Corral A or Corral B, athletes must have completed a marathon within the last 12 months that meets the qualifying standard.
- Questions about Corral A or Corral B? CLICK HERE to send us an email.
- Participants do not have to send proof of time for Corrals C, D, Open or Early
- Participants are free to move back to a slower corral as desired. No official action is needed.
- If you wish to move up to a faster corral, please pick up your race packet and bring it to the Solutions Center Desk in the Packet Pick-Up area at the Expo. If the desired Corral is open, volunteers will gladly move you to that corral.
- Corral changes will not be made on race day.
- No cash awards will be paid to winners.
- Only the first place male and female winners of marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be presented with an award at the finish line. All other awards will be mailed once race officials have certified the results.
- Awards are based on chip time.
- No duplication of awards.
- Overall Male & Female (top 3)
- Age Group Awards (top 3 male and top 3 female) in each category:
9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over
PREVIOUS WINNING TIMES
|Division||Name, Age||City, State Country||Time|
|Men||Greg Targosz, 32||Maumelle, AR||37:56:00|
|Women||Jessie Mescal, 13||Hebron, IN||44:59:00|
|Men||Andy Remley, 31||Bolingbrook, IL||35:43:00|
|Women||Makenzi Colemen, 25||Little Rock, AR||46:29:00|
|Men||Jeffrey Zickus, 38||Atlanta, GA||36:07:00|
|Women||Amy Burns, 37||Little Rock, AR||47:54:00|