Information on this page pertains to the 10K (6.2 miles). If you need information on any of the other events, please refer to those pages.
- The Little Rock 10K is on a USATF certified course (AR11017DLP)
- Walkers are welcome in all race weekend events
- 2 hour time limit
- Limited to the first 2,000 registrants
Sunday, March 2, 2014
7:55 a.m. Wheelchair, Hand cycle & Physically Challenged Athlete Start
8:00 a.m. General Start
11/1/2013 to 12/31/2013
1/1/2014 to 2/21/2014
At Expo (if space available)
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by Racesonline.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 21, 2014 or when the race has reached capacity. If space is available, registration will resume at the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo.
- Individuals who register on-line will receive an auto-generated registration confirmation. This email has specific information about Corral Assignment and changing races.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
- Mailed registrations MUST be postmarked by February 21, 2014. Registrations received postmarked after February 21, 2014 will be held until the Expo and processed at weekend rates (if race is not sold out).
Make checks payable and mail to:
Little Rock Marathon
500 W. Markham, Room 108B1
Little Rock, AR 72201
10K PARTICIPANT & FINISHER AMENITIES
The Little Rock Marathon is a project of and benefits Little Rock Parks & Recreation. We are incredibly grateful to all of you who participate and as a way of saying thank you, we offer the following:
- Official Participant Shirt (size not guaranteed)
- Pre Race Book (must be registered by January 15, 2014)
- Limited edition race poster
- Scenic course featuring the Capital City’s famous landmarks
- Entertainment throughout the course!
- Plentiful course support and aid stations
- Loads of southern hospitality
- Finisher’s medal
- Finish Line refreshments (see FAQs on what it is)
- Admission to the Epic Post Race, presented by Golden Corral-North Little Rock (must RSVP prior to race weekend)
SWITCHING RACES & REGISTRATION CHANGES
Participants may switch between races (i.e. marathon to half, half to 10K, 5K to half) ONLY if the desired race is NOT sold out. Changes may be made with the following restrictions:
- Participants cannot transfer their registration to another individual. Please see FAQs for penalties for unauthorized individuals.
- Change requests will NOT be processed until the Change Form is received with your signature and any applicable fees.
- Changes requested through 11:59 CST February 1, 2014 will not incur an administrative fee.
- Changes requested after 11:59 CST February 1, 2014 will incur a $10 administrative fee, plus any increase in race fees.
- There are NO refunds on fees when you switch races.Race changes requested after 11:59 CST February 21, 2014 will not be accepted. All changes should be addressed at the Help Desk at the Expo.
- To correct personal data please submit the change form as quickly as possible. Corrections of personal data are made free of charge.
CHANGE FORM (click here to download) – Form available at the Help Desk at the Health & Fitness Expo
- The Little Rock 10K is run on USATF certified 6.2-mile single loop course. The race is not a USATF sanctioned event. The certification number is AR11017DLP.
- There is NO early start for 10K participants.
- Traffic is controlled for 2 hours beginning at 8 am. Later finishers will be supported, but may be asked by race security to utilize the sidewalks.
All 2014 Little Rock Marathon races (does not include Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile) will be electronically timed using the IPICO timing system (pronounced eye-pee-co). The IPICO system utilizes the Sportag™ (aka Tag) rather than a timing “chip”. ChampionChip timing devices will not work on the IPICO system.
A participant’s time begins once the Tag (attached to his/her shoe) crosses the start line and will record time until it passes over the finish line. As a result, regardless of where a participant lines up in the start corrals, his/her official time will not begin until the Tag crosses the start line. This does not apply to those participants in the elite corral.
The IPICO Sports data capture system is very simple. The Sportag™ contains a microchip and two antenna loops, one to ‘wake up’ the Tag and the other to send its signal. When the Tag comes into contact with the antenna mat, it wakes up and starts sending its unique signal again and again to the reader, which stores volumes of data to be managed and communicated. Timing services are provided by the End Result Company, LLC of Bettendorf, IA.
- A loaner Tag will be issued to each registrant at packet pick up.
- A $30 replacement fee will be charged for all lost or unreturned tags. Volunteers will be at the finish line to collect all timing tags.
- No tag. No time. No exceptions.
- 10K awards will be based on Tag time.
START LINE/START CORRALS
The start line and start corrals are secure areas for participants only. The intent of the corral start is to ensure a positive race experience and provide all participants the same opportunity for a quick, smooth and safe start with sufficient room to run/walk along the race course. Athletes should line up in the start corral that corresponds to the letter on his/her race number. Start corrals were assigned based on the estimated finish time given at registration.
Start Corral Times:
NOTE: Corral A & Corral B Seeding:
- Athletes who can document a performance better than or equal to the qualifying times noted below may submit their proof (via link to qualifying time) during registration. If you do not have link available during registration, you may add it to your registration. You must have your registration confirmation number (please refer to confirmation email you received when you registered) to amend your registration. (CLICK HERE to add link to your registration).
- The deadline to be placed in Corral A or Corral B is January 15, 2014. After the deadline, you will be placed in a corral that has an opening. No exceptions.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is NOT automatic and is NOT guaranteed.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is on a first come, first-severed basis (it pays to register early).
- To qualify for Corral A or Corral B, athletes must have completed a marathon within the last 12 months that meets the qualifying standard.
- Questions about Corral A or Corral B may be emailed to Corral Seeding.
Only the first place male and female winners of marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be presented with an award at the finish line. All other awards, including top athletes and age group awards for the marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be mailed once race officials have certified the results.
- Overall cash awards are based on gun time. All other awards are based on chip time.
- No duplication of awards.
- 10K winners do not receive cash.
Overall Winners (no cash paid):
- Male (top 3)
- Female (top 3)
Age Group Awards (top 3 male and female) in each category:
9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79
PREVIOUS WINNING TIMES
|Andy Remley, 31||
|Makenzi Colemen, 25||
Little Rock, AR
|Jeffrey Zickus, 38||
|Amy Burns, 37||
Little Rock, AR
Geneva Hampton, Executive Director
Gina Marchese Pharis, Executive Director