Half Marathon (pdf)
10K 11×8.5 (pdf)
5K 11×8.5 (pdf)
Marathon Course Turn by Turn (pdf)
Half Marathon Course Turn by Turn (pdf)
Start/Finish Area Map (pdf)
Parking Map (link)
Road Closure Map (pdf)
Things to Do Downtown (link)
We would like to thank the following companies for supporting our participants on race day:
Mile 1 – Little Rock Regional Chamber (click here)
Mile 4 – Dugan’s Pub (click here)
Mile 11 – Team Clean Car Wash (click here)
Mile 15 – Asher Wrecker (click here)
Mile 16 – Arrow Coach Lines (click here)
Mile 17 – Discount Trophies (click here)
Mile 21 – Ace Glass Recycling (click here)
Mile 25 – Dillard’s, Inc. (click here)
The Little Rock Marathon and companion races are a running and walking tour of Arkansas’ capitol city. When asked if there are hills in Little Rock, we love to affectionately say “What Hills? It depends on your perspective.” There are some bumps in the road, but life is full of bumps in the road.
- The start line and finish lines for all races are on LaHarpe Boulevard, behind the Statehouse Convention Center.
- Visible mile markers will be positioned along the course at every mile.
- Digital clocks at the Finish Line will display your unofficial time.
- Unofficial results will be posted to the website on race day.
- Results will not be official until they are certified by race officials.
- Please limit the use of cell phones during the race.
- If it is determined that a participant has left the prescribed race course, that participant will be disqualified. Race officials will be stationed along the course to monitor the participants to ensure that each finisher has completed the race they are registered for. DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ENTIRE COURSE.
- Absolutely NO “coaches”, bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, baby joggers, or animals will be allowed on the race course at any time. Everyone on the course must have on an official race number. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Assistance received from any other source than an official of the Little Rock Marathon may result in disqualification.
- In some areas, only one side of the road is closed to vehicular traffic. As such, it is imperative that you stay within the cones marking the course. Any deviations from the marked course can result in a disqualification and serious injury.
- The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. Please see their website for specifics on qualifying.
COURSE SUPPORT/AID STATIONS
- Energy Gels will be available at the later stage of the marathon and half marathon course.
- Gatorade (lemon lime flavor) and will be available at each aid station on the course.
- Water from Premium Refreshment Service will also be available at each aid station on the course. To avoid bottlenecks, all hydration stations will have Gatorade tables set-up first, then water. Please keep moving even after you pick up your drink. If you wish to slow down to drink, do so after you have passed all tables. For your safety, take fluids only at the official stations. They will be protected by race security.
- Both water and Gatorade will be available at the start line and the finish line.
- 14 Course Aid Stations.
- Paramedic Bike Patrols will be all along the course.
- Medical aid stations are located along the course and at the finish line. Medical tents are marked by a large red flag that bears a white cross.
- Porta Potties and/or bathrooms are located at each aid station, the start line and in athlete’s village located inside the Statehouse Convention Center.
Aid Station Locations:
|1.4||6th & Byrd||Lost Forty Brewing|
|3.7||16th & Chester||Pulaski Academy|
Sunday (Marathon/Half Marathon)
|2.5||Riverfront & Broadway (NLR)||NLR Mayor’s Youth Council|
|5.1||World & Shall||Complete Care|
|6.8||9th & Picron||UALR|
|9||9th & Ferry||Crane & Co.|
|11.3||18th & Arch||Governor’s Mansion Historic District|
|12.6||Park & Daisy Bates||Central High National Historic Site|
|15.5||Markham & Woodrow||Little Rock Athletic Club|
|17.4||Kavanaugh & I||Mount St. Mary Academy|
|19.2/24.1||Cedar Hill & Riverfront (LR)||Little Rock Parrot Heads|
|20.7/22.8||Rebsamen Park Road||Lost Forty Brewing|
|21.5||Murray Park||Mello Velo Cycling Club|
|25||Titus Trail||Whole Hog Café NLR|
|25.5||Cantrell & Dillards Drive||Episcopal Collegiate|
Closures will begin at 5:30 am (Saturday) and 4:30 am (Sunday) along the entire course prior to the race start. All road closures will be final at 7:30 am (Saturday) and 8 am (Sunday). Races begin on Saturday at 7:30 am and 11 am. Races begins on Sunday at 6 am. Streets will reopen on a rolling basis. The reopen is at the discretion of LRPD. All drivers are encouraged to adjust travel time and plan alternate routes within and around the race course.
CLICK HERE for more information.
The Little Rock Marathon is looking for individuals and/or groups to volunteer their time and enthusiasm on race day by providing entertainment along the course for athletes. Musicians and entertainers of all talent levels, sizes and artistic backgrounds are invited to join in the fun and celebration.
Let us know your area of interest or talent and we’ll help you bring it all together. There are a variety of locations on the race course where we can give you some exposure to the athletes and community while you provide a great source of support for the athletes along the course on race day.
For details, please contact CLICK HERE.
|Saturday, March 2, 2019|
|Little Rockers Kids Marathon||11 a.m.|
|Sunday, March 3, 2019|
|Marathon Early Start||6 a.m.|
|Wheelchair & Hand Cycle||7:55 a.m.|
|General Start||8 a.m.|
COURSE TIME LIMIT
Marathon – 8 hours (from 6 am start)
Half Marathon – 4 hours
10K – 2 hours
5K – 1 hour
- All race courses open back up to traffic on a rolling schedule.
- On Saturday, the finish line closes at 10 a.m.
- On Sunday, the finish line closes at 2:30 p.m.
- To complete the course in stated times, participants must be able to maintain a consistent pace of approximately 18:30 per mile.
- Under no circumstances may participants be on the course before the official start time.
- Beginning prior to the official start time will result in disqualification.
- If participants choose to continue after the course closes, they do so at their own risk and may be asked by the Little Rock Police Department to move up to the sidewalks.
MARATHON EARLY START
All Little Rock Marathon races (except for the Little Rockers Final Mile) are timed using RFID timing system, as well as disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. The disposable chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions.
- no mats on the ground to slip or trip on
- no chips or tags to return post race
- official “gun” time results available at the results tent with live scrolling results on TV Monitors and touch screen kiosks
- No chip/race number. No time. No exceptions.
CLICK HERE for more information and instructions.