Information on this page pertains to course information for all races. If you need information about a specific race, please refer to that page.
Mile 1 – Garver Engineering
Mile 23 – Dassault Falcon Jet
The Little Rock Marathon and companion races are running and walking tours of Arkansas’ capitol city. When asked if there are hills in Little Rock, we love to affectionately say “What Hills? It depends on your perspective.” There are some bumps in the road, but life is full of bumps in the road.
- The start line for all races is at the intersection of Capitol Avenue & Scott Street.
- The finish line for all races is on President Clinton Avenue (west of Sherman Street).
- Visible mile markers will be positioned along the course at every mile.
- Digital clocks at the Finish Line will display your unofficial time.
- Unofficial results will be posted to the website on race day.
- Results will not be official until they are certified by race officials.
- Please limit the use of cell phones during the race.
- If it is determined that a participant has left the prescribed race course, that participant will be disqualified. Race officials will be stationed along the course to monitor the participants to ensure that each finisher has completed the race they are registered for. DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ENTIRE COURSE.
- Absolutely NO “coaches”, bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, baby joggers, or animals will be allowed on the racecourse at any time. Everyone on the course must have on an official race number. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Assistance received from any other source than an official of the Little Rock Marathon may result in disqualification.
- In some areas, only one side of the road is closed to vehicular traffic. As such, it is imperative that you stay within the cones marking the course. Any deviations from the marked course can result in a disqualification and serious injury.
- The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. Please see their website for specifics on qualifying.
COURSE SUPPORT/AID STATIONS
- Energy Gels will be available at the later stage of the marathon and half marathon course.
- Gatorade (lemon lime flavor) and will be available at each aid station on the course.
- Water from Premium Refreshment Service will also be available at each aid station on the course. To avoid bottlenecks, all hydration stations will have Gatorade tables’ set-up first, then water. Please keep moving even after you pick up your drink. If you wish to slow down to drink, do so after you have passed all tables. For your safety, take fluids only at the official stations. They will be protected by race security.
- Both water and Gatorade will be available at the start line and the finish line.
- 17 Course Aid Stations (one approximately every 2 ½ miles).
- Paramedic Bike Patrols will be all along the course.
- Medical aid stations are located at miles 6.2, 13.1, 20.9, 23.5 and at the finish line. Medical tents are marked by a large red flag that bears a white cross.
- Porta Potties are located at each aid station, the start line and in athlete’s village.
The Little Rock Marathon is looking for individuals and/or groups to volunteer their time and enthusiasm on race day by providing entertainment along the course for athletes. Musicians and entertainers of all talent levels, sizes and artistic backgrounds are invited to join in the fun and celebration.
Let us know your area of interest or talent and we’ll help you bring it all together. There are a variety of locations on the race course where we can give you some exposure to the athletes and community while you provide a great source of support for the athletes along the course on race day.
For details, please contact CLICK HERE
COURSE TIME LIMIT
Marathon & Relay – 8 hours (beginning at 6 am – see rules on the early start)
Half Marathon – 4 hours
10K – 2 hours
5K – 1 hour
- All race courses open back up to traffic on a rolling schedule with the finish line closing at 2:30 p.m.
- To complete the course in stated times, participants must be able to maintain a consistent pace of approximately 18:30 per mile.
- Under no circumstances may participants be on the course before the official start time. Beginning prior to the official start time will result in disqualification. If participants choose to continue after the course closes, they do so at their own risk and may be asked by the Little Rock Police Department to move up to the sidewalks.
All 2015 Little Rock Marathon races (does not include Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile) will be timed using the Jaguar™ RFID Disposable Timing Chip, which will be attached to the back of each participant’s race bib.
A participant’s time begins once he/she crosses the start line and will record time until it passes over the finish line. As a result, regardless of where a participant lines up in the start corrals, his/her official time will not begin until he/she crosses the start line.
Timing services are provided by Start 2 Finish LLC of Memphis, TN.
EARLY START – 6 AM
- Only marathoners needing more than 6 hours to complete the marathon course may utilize the early start.
- You must register for the early start. There will be a special designation on your race number for an early start.
- The early start is NOT an optional start. Participants who run/walk a pace faster than a 14-minute mile (6:04 marathon) will be removed from the course, banned permanently, disqualified, and/or will not receive an official finish time. The course at 6 am is NOT set up for a pace faster than a 14 minute mile.
START LINE/START CORRALS
The start line and start corrals are secure areas for participants only. The intent of the corral start is to ensure a positive race experience and provide all participants the same opportunity for a quick, smooth and safe start with sufficient room to run/walk along the race course. Athletes should line up in the start corral that corresponds to the letter on his/her race number. Start corrals were assigned based on the estimated finish time given at registration.
Start Corral Times:
|A||Under 3:00:59||Under 1:30:59||NA||yes|
|B||3:01:00 to 3:45:59||1:31:00 to 1:45:59||under 39:59||yes|
|C||3:46:00 to 4:20:59||1:46:00 to 2:20:59||40:00 to 54:59|
|D||4:21:00 to 5:00:59||2:21:00 to 3:00:59||55:00 to 1:22:59|
|Open||5:01:00 to 6:00:00||3:01:00 to 4:00:00||1:23:00 to 2:00:00|
|Early||6:00:59 to 8:00:00||NA||NA|
NOTE: Corral A & Corral B Seeding:
Athletes who can document a performance better than or equal to the qualifying times noted below may submit their proof (via link to qualifying time) during registration. If you do not have link available during registration, you may add it to your registration. You must have your registration confirmation number (please refer to confirmation email you received when you registered) to amend your registration. (CLICK HERE to add link to your registration).
- The deadline to be placed in Corral A or Corral B is January 15, 2015. After the deadline, you will be placed in a corral that has an opening. No exceptions.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is NOT automatic and is NOT guaranteed.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is on a first come, first-severed basis (it pays to register early).
- To qualify for Corral A or Corral B, athletes must have completed a marathon within the last 12 months that meets the qualifying standard.
Questions about Corral A or Corral B may be emailed to Corral Seeding.
The Little Rock Marathon (AR14033DLP), Little Rock Half Marathon (AR14034DLP), and Little Rock 10K (AR14035DLP) courses are certified by the Road Running Technical Council of USA Track & Field. Course routes are subject to change.