Information on this page pertains to course information for all races. If you need information about a specific race, please refer to that page.
Mile 1 – Garver Engineering, LLD
Mile 2 – Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
Mile 3 – Little Rock School District
Mile 4 – Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport
Mile 5 – Golden Eagle of Arkansas
Mile 14 – Golden Eagle of Arkansas
Mile 23 – Dassault Falcon Jet
Mile 24 – Dillard’s Inc.
The Little Rock Marathon and companion races are running and walking tours of Arkansas’ capitol city. When asked if there are hills in Little Rock, we love to affectionately say “What Hills? It depends on your perspective.” There are some bumps in the road, but life is full of bumps in the road.
- The start line for all races is at the intersection of Capitol Avenue & Scott Street.
- The finish line for all races is on President Clinton Avenue (west of Sherman Street).
- Visible mile markers will be positioned along the course at every mile.
- Digital clocks at the Finish Line will display your unofficial time.
- Unofficial results will be posted to the website on race day.
- Results will not be official until they are certified by race officials.
- Please limit the use of cell phones during the race.
- If it is determined that a participant has left the prescribed race course, that participant will be disqualified. Race officials will be stationed along the course to monitor the participants to ensure that each finisher has completed the race they are registered for. DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ENTIRE COURSE.
- Absolutely NO “coaches”, bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, baby joggers, or animals will be allowed on the racecourse at any time. Everyone on the course must have on an official race number. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Assistance received from any other source than an official of the Little Rock Marathon may result in disqualification.
- In some areas, only one side of the road is closed to vehicular traffic. As such, it is imperative that you stay within the cones marking the course. Any deviations from the marked course can result in a disqualification and serious injury.
- The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. Please see their website for specifics on qualifying.
COURSE SUPPORT/AID STATIONS
- Energy Gels will be available at the later stage of the marathon and half marathon course.
- Gatorade (lemon lime flavor) and will be available at each aid station on the course.
- Water from Premium Refreshment Service will also be available at each aid station on the course. To avoid bottlenecks, all hydration stations will have Gatorade tables’ set-up first, then water. Please keep moving even after you pick up your drink. If you wish to slow down to drink, do so after you have passed all tables. For your safety, take fluids only at the official stations. They will be protected by race security.
- Both water and Gatorade will be available at the start line and the finish line.
- 17 Course Aid Stations (one approximately every 2 ½ miles).
- Paramedic Bike Patrols will be all along the course.
- Medical aid stations are located at miles 6.2, 13.1, 20.9, 23.5 and at the finish line. Medical tents are marked by a large red flag that bears a white cross.
- Porta Potties are located at each aid station, the start line and in athlete’s village.
The Little Rock Marathon is looking for individuals and/or groups to volunteer their time and enthusiasm on race day by providing entertainment along the course for athletes. Musicians and entertainers of all talent levels, sizes and artistic backgrounds are invited to join in the fun and celebration.
Let us know your area of interest or talent and we’ll help you bring it all together. There are a variety of locations on the race course where we can give you some exposure to the athletes and community while you provide a great source of support for the athletes along the course on race day.
For details, please contact CLICK HERE
COURSE TIME LIMIT
Marathon & Relay – 8 hours (beginning at 6 am – see rules on the early start)
Half Marathon – 4 hours
10K – 2 hours
5K – 1 hour
- All race courses open back up to traffic on a rolling schedule with the finish line closing at 2:30 p.m.
- To complete the course in stated times, participants must be able to maintain a consistent pace of approximately 18:30 per mile.
- Under no circumstances may participants be on the course before the official start time. Beginning prior to the official start time will result in disqualification. If participants choose to continue after the course closes, they do so at their own risk and may be asked by the Little Rock Police Department to move up to the sidewalks.
All 2015 Little Rock Marathon races (except for the Little Rockers Final Mile) will be timed using the Jaguar™ RFID Race Timing System, as well as disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. The disposable chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions.
- no mats on the ground to slip or trip on
- no chips or tags to return post race
- official “gun” time results available at the results tent with live scrolling results on TV Monitors and touch screen kiosks
- No chip/race number. No time. No exceptions.
How does the Jaguar System works?
Jaguar uses ultra-efficient antennas that are placed above and beside the finish line and other timing locations such as start and split points. Using specially customized RFID readers, Jaguar can read the disposable timing chips in the most demanding environment – on the human body. Being made mostly of water, the human body does a great job of absorbing RF energy. That makes it extremely difficult to read the very low-power signal reflected back from a timing chip. Jaguar has the engineering technology that allows disposable bib chips to work extraordinarily well.
CLICK HERE for more information and instructions.
Timing services are provided by Start 2 Finish LLC of Memphis, TN.
EARLY START – 6 AM
- Only marathoners needing more than 6 hours to complete the marathon course may utilize the early start.
- You must register for the early start. There will be a special designation on your race number for an early start.
- The early start is NOT an optional start. Participants who run/walk a pace faster than a 14-minute mile (6:04 marathon) will be removed from the course, banned permanently, disqualified, and/or will not receive an official finish time. The course at 6 am is NOT set up for a pace faster than a 14 minute mile.
START LINE & START CORRALS
The start line and start corrals are secure areas for participants only. Start corrals are used to provide a smooth fast start for faster athletes, as well as a positive race experience with sufficient room to run/walk along the race course. The goal is to keep slower athletes from lining up in front of faster athletes. Athletes should line up in the start corral that corresponds to the letter on his/her race number. Start corrals were assigned based on the estimated finish time given at registration.
Start Corral Times:
|A||Under 3:00:59||Under 1:30:59||NA||yes|
|B||3:01:00 to 3:45:59||1:31:00 to 1:45:59||under 39:59||yes|
|C||3:46:00 to 4:20:59||1:46:00 to 2:20:59||40:00 to 54:59|
|D||4:21:00 to 5:00:59||2:21:00 to 3:00:59||55:00 to 1:22:59|
|Open||5:01:00 to 6:00:00||3:01:00 to 4:00:00||1:23:00 to 2:00:00|
|Early||6:00:59 to 8:00:00||NA||NA|
Corral A & B Seeding:
Athletes who can document a performance better than or equal to the qualifying times noted below may submit their proof (via link to qualifying time) during registration. If you do not have link available during registration, CLICK HERE to email the link to your proof.
- The deadline to be placed in Corral A or Corral B is January 15, 2015. After the deadline, you will be placed in a corral that has an opening.
- Staff will not look up a time – even if you participated last year.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is NOT automatic and is NOT guaranteed.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is on a first come, first-severed basis (it pays to register early).
- To qualify for Corral A or Corral B, athletes must have completed a marathon within the last 12 months that meets the qualifying standard.
- Questions about Corral A or Corral, please CLICK HERE
- Participants do not have to send proof of time for Corrals C, D, Open or Early
- Participants are free to move back to a slower corral as desired. No official action is needed.
- If you wish to move up to a faster corral, please pick up your race packet and bring it to the Solutions Center Desk in the Packet Pick-Up area at the Expo. If the desired Corral is open, volunteers will gladly move you to that corral.
- Corral changes will not be made on race day.
The Little Rock Marathon (AR14033DLP), Little Rock Half Marathon (AR14034DLP), and Little Rock 10K (AR14035DLP) courses are certified by the Road Running Technical Council of USA Track & Field. Course routes are subject to change.
Gina Marchese Pharis, Executive Director | E-Mail | 501-918-5321