Half Marathon (pending)
Marathon Course Turn by Turn (pending)
Half Marathon Course Turn by Turn (pending)
Athlete’s Village – Sunday (pdf)
Start/Finish Area Map (pdf)
Parking Map (link)
Road Closures (pdf)
Road Closure Map (link)
Things to Do Downtown (link)
Downtown Attractions (link)
We would like to thank the following companies for supporting our participants on race day:
|Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce||1|
|P.I. Roofing and Construction||6|
The Little Rock Marathon and companion races are a running and walking tour of Arkansas’ capitol city. When asked if there are hills in Little Rock, we love to affectionately say “What Hills? It depends on your perspective.” There are some bumps in the road, but life is full of bumps in the road.
- The start line and finish lines for all races are on LaHarpe Boulevard, behind the Statehouse Convention Center.
- Visible mile markers will be positioned along the course at every mile.
- Digital clocks at the Finish Line will display your unofficial time.
- Unofficial results will be posted to the website on race day.
- Results will not be official until they are certified by race officials.
- Please limit the use of cell phones during the race.
- If it is determined that a participant has left the prescribed race course, that participant will be disqualified. Race officials will be stationed along the course to monitor the participants to ensure that each finisher has completed the race they are registered for. DO NOT CROSS THE FINISH LINE IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE ENTIRE COURSE.
- Absolutely NO “coaches”, bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, baby joggers, or animals will be allowed on the racecourse at any time. Everyone on the course must have on an official race number. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Assistance received from any other source than an official of the Little Rock Marathon may result in disqualification.
- In some areas, only one side of the road is closed to vehicular traffic. As such, it is imperative that you stay within the cones marking the course. Any deviations from the marked course can result in a disqualification and serious injury.
- The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Marathon qualifying event. Please see their website for specifics on qualifying.
COURSE SUPPORT/AID STATIONS
- Energy Gels will be available at the later stage of the marathon and half marathon course.
- Gatorade (lemon lime flavor) and will be available at each aid station on the course.
- Water from Central Arkansas Water will also be available at each aid station on the course. To avoid bottlenecks, all hydration stations will have Gatorade tables set-up first, then water. Please keep moving even after you pick up your drink. If you wish to slow down to drink, do so after you have passed all tables. For your safety, take fluids only at the official stations. They will be protected by race security.
- Both water and Gatorade will be available at the start line and the finish line.
- 14 Course Aid Stations.
- Paramedic Bike Patrols will be all along the course.
- Medical aid stations are located along the course and at the finish line. Medical tents are marked by a large red flag that bears a white cross.
- Porta Potties and/or bathrooms are located at each aid station, the start line and in athlete’s village located inside the Statehouse Convention Center.
Aid Station Locations:
The Little Rock Marathon is looking for individuals and/or groups to volunteer their time and enthusiasm on race day by providing entertainment along the course for athletes. Musicians and entertainers of all talent levels, sizes and artistic backgrounds are invited to join in the fun and celebration.
Let us know your area of interest or talent and we’ll help you bring it all together. There are a variety of locations on the race course where we can give you some exposure to the athletes and community while you provide a great source of support for the athletes along the course on race day.
For details, please contact CLICK HERE.
|Saturday, March 2, 2024|
|Sunday, March 3, 2024|
|Marathon Early Start||6:00 a.m.|
|Wheelchair & Hand Cycle||7:55 a.m.|
|General Start||8 a.m.|
COURSE TIME LIMIT
Marathon – 8 hours (from 6 am start)
Half Marathon – 4 hours
10K – 2 hours
5K – 1 hour
- All race courses open back up to traffic on a rolling schedule.
- On Saturday, the finish line closes at 10 a.m.
- On Sunday, the finish line closes at 2 p.m.
- Under no circumstances may participants be on the course before the official start time.
- Beginning prior to the official start time will result in disqualification.
- If participants choose to continue after the course opens to traffic, they do so at their own risk. The police department will ask you to move up to the sidewalk.
MARATHON EARLY START
The Early Start (aka 6 am start) is for marathon athletes who need 6 to 8 hours to complete the 26.2-mile distance. It is NOT an optional start for athletes who run or walk faster than a 6-hour pace.
The athletes who toe the line at 6 am may not run faster than a 13:44 min mile (a 6-hour marathon finish pace) and they MUST stay with or behind the 6-hour pacers. Any athlete who goes ahead of the 6-hour pacers will be disqualified immediately (and we do have people on the course who will be monitoring the positions of the athletes who start at 6 am).
Athletes who start at 8 am will have 6 hours to finish the marathon, only those athletes starting at 6 am will have 8 hours to finish.
All athletes who request the Early Start will need to be approved by Hobbit Singleton, the Registrar. They will receive email notification of either approval or requesting proof of race finish times to support needing the 6 am start time. All athletes approved for the Early Start will have a different color bib and only athletes with those bibs will be allowed in the Early Start Corral race morning.
If you have questions, please email click here.
All Little Rock Marathon races (except for the Little Rockers Final Mile) are timed using RFID timing system, as well as disposable timing chip, which is attached to each participant’s race number. The disposable chip requires no battery, is lighter than a feather and has a built in microprocessor customized to ensure maximum reads even during the most challenging of conditions.
- no mats on the ground to slip or trip on
- no chips or tags to return post race
- unofficial results will be sent to the email address and phone number given at registration
- No chip/race number. No time. No exceptions.