Information on this page pertains to the Little Rockers Kids Marathon. If you need information on any of the other events, please refer to those pages.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2016
- New time – 11 am
- New Start Line
- New Finish Line
- New Course
- Age is now 1st grade thru 7th grade (no longer 7 to 12 years)
- Parents/Guardians (aka Adult Companion) will be allowed on the course with their child. Each child MUST be accompanied by an adult companion at all times (more details coming). Each adult companion is responsible for their child’s safety.
- No more safety zone!
Saturday, March 5, 2016
Start Line – TBA
Finish Line – TBA
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RacesOnline.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 20, 2016.
- On-line registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their registration was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO EXPO REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
- Mail-in entries MUST be postmarked by February 20, 2016.
- To register by mail, send registration form and fees made payable to:
Little Rock Marathon
500 W. Markham, Room 108B1
Little Rock, AR 72201
Since 2004, an estimated 50,000 children have logged an estimated 1,329,000 miles in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program. 15,871 children from every county in Arkansas and 26 different states have participated in the Final Mile at the Little Rockers Kids Marathon.
The goal is simple – Get Children Moving!
The mission of the Little Rockers Kids Marathon is to give children in 1st thru 7th grades the opportunity to enhance their physical activity while focusing on reaching a goal. The hope is to motivate children to commit to a physical routine, which will allow them to experience the overall benefits of achieving their goals, not only in crossing the finish line but in life as well.
Little Rockers Kids Marathon encourages children to become more active by following a fun, simple running and/or walking program. The goal for each child is to complete at least 25.2 miles before race weekend. Then, on race day, children will complete their last mile on the official Little Rock Marathon course. As each child crosses the finish line, they receive their official finisher’s medal. There are two ways for children to participate in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon:
- At home with an adult’s supervision
- As part of an Official Program – participate through an official Little Rockers group at a participating school, church or civic organization
FREE ONLINE TRAINING TOOLS
The Little Rockers Training Program offers a fun and practical way for parents to get their children involved by providing free online training tools. The tools below will help get your child started in a way that works best for you. All training programs offer a gradual build up in distance to get kids ready to run the final mile on race day.
- 2016 Little Rockers Fact Sheet (pdf)
- 2016 Little Rockers Parent FAQs (pdf)
- 17 Week Training Schedule (pdf)
- 9 Week Training Schedule (pdf)
- Smile Miles (pdf)
FORM AN OFFICIAL LITTLE ROCKERS PROGRAM TODAY
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon is a great way to get children excited about physical fitness and reward them for their accomplishments. Little Rockers programs are led by adult volunteers from schools, churches, athletic teams, civic, and community organization.
Not all children are alike, so not all Little Rocker programs are alike. The Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program is designed to allow each leader to be as creative as their time, talent and budget will allow.
A free “how to” kit will be sent to prospective leaders that will explains the program and how to start one. Requesting an informational kit does not obligate you or your organization to form a group.
An official program is 10 or more children.
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS
Final Race Instructions For Participants Not With a Program (pdf)
2016 Course Map (pdf)
2016 Start Area Map (pdf)
2016 Finish Area Map (pdf)
Parking & Area Map (pdf)
2015 Finisher’s Certificate (pdf)
2015 Participant Photos (link)
Jennifer Pomerleau, Chair E-Mail