Information on this page pertains to the kids marathon. If you need information on a specific race, please refer to that page.
Saturday, March 2, 2013
River Market District
Limited to the first 1,900 registrants
$ 25 Online / $30 Mail In (January 1 – February 22, 2013)
- Fees are not refundable.
- Prices change at midnight CST. A transaction and credit card processing fee will be applied to the total charge by Getmeregistered.com
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 22, 2013 or when the race has reached its maximum allowed registrations. If the race is NOT sold out, registration will resume at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Mailed entries MUST be postmarked no later than February 22, 2013. Entries received postmarked after that will be held until the Health & Fitness Expo and processed at weekend rates if the race is not sold out.
- There is no race day registration
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS
- 2013 Course Map (pdf)
- Final Race Instructions (pdf)
- Finish Area Map (pdf)
- Parking & Area Map (pdf)
- 2013 Participant Photos (link)
Since 2004, the Little Rock Marathon, Arkansas Children’s Hospital and Today’s THV have teamed up to create the Little Rockers Kids Marathon and Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program, a nation-wide effort that encourages physical activity and reaching goals.
The goal is simple – Get Children Moving!
The mission of the Little Rockers Kids Marathon is to give children ages 7-12 the opportunity to enhance their physical activity while focusing on reaching a goal. The hope is to motivate children to commit to a physical routine, which will allow them to experience the overall benefits of achieving their goals, not only in crossing the finish line but in life as well.
Little Rockers Kids Marathon encourages children to become more active by following a fun, simple running and/or walking program. The goal for each child is to complete at least 25.2 miles before race weekend. Then, on race day, children will complete their last mile on the official Little Rock Marathon course. As each child crosses the finish line, they receive their official finisher’s medal.
There are two ways for children to participate in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon:
- At home with an adult’s supervision
- As part of an Official Program – participate through an official Little Rockers group at a participating school, church or civic organization
FREE ONLINE TRAINING TOOLS
The Little Rockers Training Program offers a fun and practical way for parents to get their children involved by providing free online training tools. The tools below will help get your child started in a way that works best for you. All training programs offer a gradual build up in distance to get kids ready to run the final mile on race day.
FORM AN OFFICIAL LITTLE ROCKERS PROGRAM TODAY
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon is a great way to get children excited about physical fitness and reward them for their accomplishments. Little Rockers programs are led by adult volunteers from schools, churches, athletic teams, civic, and community organization. Not all children are alike, so not all Little Rocker programs are alike.
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program is designed to allow each leader to be as creative as their time, talent and budget will allow. A free “how to” kit will be sent to prospective leaders that will explains the program and how to start one. Requesting an informational kit does not obligate you or your organization to form a group.
An official program is 10 or more children.
For more information about 2013 Little Rockers or leading a program, please contact:
Jennifer Erxleben Rogers, Chair | firstname.lastname@example.org