Get the latest news on Little Rockers:
Saturday, March 1, 2014
START TIME-NEW TIME
President Clinton Avenue & Sherman Street
Limited to the first 1,900 registrants – SOLD OUT (as of 6:49 pm 2/10/14)
- Prices change at midnight CST. A transaction and credit card processing fee will be applied to the total charge by Racesonline.com.
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 21, 2014 or when the race has reached its maximum allowed registrations.
Mailed entries MUST be postmarked no later than February 21, 2014.
There is no Expo registration.
- There is no race day registration.
RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION/LINKS
- Final Race Instructions (pdf)
- 2014 Course Map (pdf)
- 2014 Start Area Map (pdf)
- Finish Area Map (pdf)
- Parking & Area Map (pdf)
- 2014 Participant Photos (link)
Since 2004, more than 44,700 children have participated in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon and Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program.
The goal is simple – Get Children Moving!
The mission of the Little Rockers Kids Marathon is to give children ages 7-12 the opportunity to enhance their physical activity while focusing on reaching a goal. The hope is to motivate children to commit to a physical routine, which will allow them to experience the overall benefits of achieving their goals, not only in crossing the finish line but in life as well.
Little Rockers Kids Marathon encourages children to become more active by following a fun, simple running and/or walking program. The goal for each child is to complete at least 25.2 miles before race weekend. Then, on race day, children will complete their last mile on the official Little Rock Marathon course. As each child crosses the finish line, they receive their official finisher’s medal.
There are two ways for children to participate in the Little Rockers Kids Marathon:
- At home with an adult’s supervision
- As part of an Official Program – participate through an official Little Rockers group at a participating school, church or civic organization
FREE ONLINE TRAINING TOOLS
The Little Rockers Training Program offers a fun and practical way for parents to get their children involved by providing free online training tools. The tools below will help get your child started in a way that works best for you. All training programs offer a gradual build up in distance to get kids ready to run the final mile on race day.
- 2014 Little Rockers Fact Sheet (pdf)
- 2014 Little Rockers Parent FAQs (pdf)
- 17 Week Training Schedule (pdf)
- 9 Week Training Schedule (pdf)
- Smile Miles (pdf)
- 2014 Finisher’s Certificate (pdf)
FORM AN OFFICIAL LITTLE ROCKERS PROGRAM TODAY
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon is a great way to get children excited about physical fitness and reward them for their accomplishments. Little Rockers programs are led by adult volunteers from schools, churches, athletic teams, civic, and community organization. Not all children are alike, so not all Little Rocker programs are alike.
The Little Rockers Kids Marathon Training Program is designed to allow each leader to be as creative as their time, talent and budget will allow. A free “how to” kit will be sent to prospective leaders that will explains the program and how to start one. Requesting an informational kit does not obligate you or your organization to form a group.
An official program is 10 or more children.
For more information about 2014 Little Rockers or leading a program, please contact:
Jennifer Erxleben Rogers, Chair
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Stay up to day