Information on this page pertains to the marathon (26.2 miles). If you need information on any of the other events, please refer to those pages.
- The Little Rock Marathon is a USATF certified course (AR08003DLP)
- The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Qualifier (see Boston Athletics Association for qualifying times)
- Walkers are welcome in all race weekend events
- 8 hour time limit (beginning at 6 am)
- Limited to the first 3,500 registrants
Sunday, March 2, 2014
6:00 a.m. Early Start (only those needing more than 6 hours)
7:55 a.m. Wheelchair, Hand Cycle & Physically Challenged Athlete Start
8:00 a.m. General Start
Date Online Mail In
Thru 10/31/13 $90 $95
11/1 to 12/31/13 $95 $100
1/1 to 2/21/14 $100 $105
At Expo (if space available) $110 NA
Fees are not refundable.
Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RacesOnline.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 21, 2014. If the race has NOT sold out, registration will resume at the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo on February 28 & March 1.
- On-line registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their entry was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
- Mailed registrations MUST be postmarked by February 21, 2014. Registrations received postmarked after February 21st will be held until the Expo and processed at weekend rates (if race is not sold out). Make checks payable and mail to:
The Little Rock Marathon is a project of and benefits Little Rock Parks & Recreation. We are incredibly grateful to all of you who participate and as a way of saying thank you, we offer the following:
- Official Participant Shirt (tech unisex sizing – size not guaranteed)
- Pre Race Book (must be registered by January 15, 2014)
- Personalized race number (deadline December 31, 2013)
- Limited edition race poster
- Scenic course featuring the Capital City’s famous landmarks
- Entertainment throughout the course!
- Plentiful course support and aid station
- Loads of southern hospitality
- Appropriately large finisher’s medal – yes it’s huge!
- Finisher’s Certificate (available online mid April)
- Finish Line refreshments (see FAQs on what it is)
- Admission to the Epic Post Race, presented by Golden Corral-North Little Rock (must RSVP prior to race weekend)
SWITCHING RACES & REGISTRATION CHANGES
Participants may switch between races (i.e. marathon to half, half to 10K, 5K to half) ONLY if the desired race is NOT sold out. Changes may be made with the following restrictions:
- Participants cannot transfer their registration to another individual. Please see FAQs for penalties for unauthorized individuals.
- Change requests will NOT be processed until the Change Form is received with your signature and any applicable fees.
- Changes requested through 11:59 CST February 1, 2014 will not incur an administrative fee.
- Changes requested after 11:59 CST February 1, 2014 will incur a $10 administrative fee, plus any increase in race fees.
- There are NO refunds on fees when you switch races.
- Race changes requested after 11:59 CST February 21, 2014 will be processed at race weekend rates (if space is available in the desired race).
- To correct personal data please submit the change form as quickly as possible. Corrections of personal data are made free of charge.
Early start is ONLY for those athletes needing more than 6 hours to complete the race. Only those who are approved for the early start will receive an official time. The early start is NOT an alternative start! Those who complete the course faster than 6 hours and start early may be subject to permanent disqualification.
Traffic is controlled for 8 hours (beginning at 6 am). Later finishers will be supported, but may be asked to utilize the sidewalk. BUT, you will definitely receive your finisher’s medal!
All 2014 Little Rock Marathon races (does not include Little Rockers Kids Marathon Final Mile) will be electronically timed using the IPICO timing system (pronounced eye-pee-co). The IPICO system utilizes the Sportag™ (aka Tag) rather than a timing “chip”. ChampionChip timing devices will not work on the IPICO system.
- A loaner Tag will be issued to each registrant at packet pick up.
- A $30 replacement fee will be charged for all lost or unreturned tags. Volunteers will be at the finish line to collect all timing tags.
- No tag. No time. No exceptions.
- Cash awards will be based on gun time and all other awards will be based on Tag time.
START LINE/START CORRALS
The start line and start corrals are secure areas for participants only. The intent of the corral start is to ensure a positive race experience and provide all participants the same opportunity for a quick, smooth and safe start with sufficient room to run/walk along the race course. Athletes should line up in the start corral that corresponds to the letter on his/her race number. Start corrals were assigned based on the estimated finish time given at registration.
Start Corral Times:
NOTE: Corral A & Corral B Seeding
- Athletes who can document a performance better than or equal to the qualifying times noted below may submit their proof (via link to qualifying time) during registration. If you do not have link available during registration, you may add it to your registration. You must have your registration confirmation number (please refer to confirmation email you received when you registered) to amend your registration. (CLICK HERE to add link to your registration).
- The deadline to be placed in Corral A or Corral B is January 15, 2014. After the deadline, you will be placed in a corral that has an opening. No exceptions.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is NOT automatic and is NOT guaranteed.
- Placement in Corral A and Corral B is on a first come, first-severed basis (it pays to register early).
- To qualify for Corral A or Corral B, athletes must have completed a marathon within the last 12 months that meets the qualifying standard.
- Questions about Corral A or Corral B may be emailed to Corral Seeding.
Veteran marathoners will again act as our volunteer pace leaders on race day. The goal of the pace team is to make sure everyone runs/walks at their desired pace and that everyone has a good time. They are part coach, part cheerleader, part running guru and all volunteer. Some leaders sing, some lead chants, some play trivia games, while others may struggle just like you. All of our pacers are experienced marathoners who are participating in the Little Rock Marathon to help each member of their group achieve their goal time.
Pace times are as follows:
If you are an experienced marathoner and would be interested in leading a pace group for a specific time, please contact Guy Patteson III, Pace Team Coordinator.
The Little Rock Marathon offers a prize purse in excess of $19,000 and welcomes elite athletes to our event. Each year, the Little Rock Marathon receives numerous requests for professional status. Elite Athlete status is determined by specific time standards and most importantly, an athlete’s history with the Little Rock Marathon. Space is limited.
Marathon time standards are as follows:
|Men||Open||under 2:40||Women||Open||under 2:55|
|Masters||under 2:45||Masters||under 3:15|
For more information on the 2013 Elite Athlete Program and what is required, please contact Joyce Taylor, Elite Athlete Program Chair.
Only the first place male and female winners of marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be presented with an award at the finish line. All other awards, including top athletes and age group awards for the marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be mailed once race officials have certified the results.
- Overall cash awards are based on gun time. All other awards are based on chip time.
- No duplication of awards
Overall Winners (cash award paid) – unless indicated otherwise, top male and female winners will receive awards as follows:
|Place||Open||Masters||Pulaski County||Wheelchair (3 only)|
Other Overall Winners (no cash paid):
- Hand Cycle (top 3)
- Physically Challenged Athlete (top 3)
- Lou Myers Male Marathoner (1 only)
- Lou Myers Female Marathoner (1 only)
Age Group Awards (top 3 male and female) in each category:
16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over
PREVIOUS WINNING TIMES
Geneva Hampton, Executive Director
Gina Marchese Paris, Executive Director