Information on this page pertains to the marathon (26.2 miles). If you need information on any of the other events, please refer to those pages.
- The Little Rock Marathon is a USATF certified course
- The Little Rock Marathon is a Boston Qualifier (see Boston Athletics Association for qualifying times)
- Walkers are welcome in all race weekend events
- 8 hour time limit (beginning at 6 am)
- Limited to the first 3,500 registrants
Sunday, March 1, 2015
6 am Early Start (only those needing more than 6 hours)
7:55 am Wheelchair & Hand Cycle
8 am General Start
LOCATION – New
Start Line – East Capital Avenue & Scott Street
Finish Line – President Clinton Avenue & Sherman Street
|Thru Oct 31, 3014||$90||$95|
|Nov 1 – Dec 31, 2014||$100||$105|
|Jan 1 – Feb 20, 2015||$110||$115|
|At Expo (if space available)||$125||na|
- Fees are not refundable.
- Price changes occur online at 11:59 PM CST.
- A transaction and credit card processing fee is charged by RacesOnline.com when you register online. The fee is charged on the total amount not just the registration fee.
- Online registration will close at 11:59 PM CST February 20, 2015. If the race has NOT sold out, registration will resume at the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo on February 27 – 28, 2015.
- On-line registrants will receive an auto-generated email confirmation stating their registration was received. Keep this email confirmation as it has vital information needed to obtain the registrant’s race packet on race weekend.
- There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
- Mail-in entries MUST be postmarked by February 20, 2015. Entries postmarked after February 20, 2015 will be held until the Little Rock Marathon Health & Fitness Expo and processed at Expo rates (if the desired race is not sold out).
- To register by mail, send registration form and fees made payable to:
Little Rock Marathon
500 W. Markham, Room 108B1
Little Rock, AR 72201
MARATHON PARTICIPANT & FINISHER AMENITIES
The Little Rock Marathon is a project of and benefits Little Rock Parks & Recreation. We are incredibly grateful to all of you who participate the following amenities are included in your registration fee:
All marathon participants receive:
- Official Little Rock Marathon Participant Shirt (technical wicking shirt – unisex sizing – please CLICK HERE to see policy and sizing chart before registering)
- Souvenir Race Book (must be registered by January 15, 2015)
- Personalized race number (deadline January 15, 2015)
- Scenic course featuring the Capital City’s famous landmarks
- Entertainment throughout the course
- Plentiful course support and aid station
- Loads of southern hospitality
All 2015 finishers receive:
- Appropriately large finisher’s medal – yes it’s huge!
- Electronic Finisher’s Certificate (available online mid-April)
- Post-race festivities with food, refreshments and live music
SWITCHING RACES & REGISTRATION CHANGES
Participants may switch between races (i.e. marathon to half, half to 10K, 5K to half) ONLY if the desired race is NOT sold out. We encourage you to make this decision early as possible as WE CANNOT ADD PARTICIPANTS TO AN EVENT ONCE IT IS CAPACITY HAS BEEN REACHED.
Changes may be made with the following restrictions:
- Participants cannot give their registration to another individual. Please see FAQs for penalties for unauthorized individuals.
- Change requests will NOT be processed until the Change Form is received with your signature and any applicable fees.
- Changes requested through 11:59 pm CST February 1, 2015 will not incur an administrative fee. Changes requested after 11:59 pm CST February 1, 2015 will incur a $10 administrative fee, plus any increase in race fees.
- There are NO refunds on fees when you switch races.
- Race changes requested after 11:59 CST February 20, 2015 will be processed at race weekend rates (if space is available in the desired race).
- To correct personal data please submit the change form as quickly as possible. Corrections of personal data are made free of charge.
- New spectator friendly course for 2015
- Little Rock Marathon is a Boston qualifying race on USATF certified 26.2-mile course. The race is not a USATF sanctioned event. The certification number is TBA.
- Early start is ONLY for those athletes needing more than 6 hours to complete the race. Only those who are approved for the early start will receive an official time. The early start is NOT an alternative start! Those who complete the course faster than 6 hours and start early may be subject to permanent disqualification.
- Traffic is controlled for 8 hours (beginning at 6 am). Later finishers will be supported, but may be asked to utilize the sidewalk. BUT, you will definitely receive your finisher’s medal!
START LINE/START CORRALS
The 2015 Little Rock Marathon Pace Team will again be led by veteran marathoners who act as our volunteer pace leaders on race day. The goal of the pace team is to make sure everyone runs/walks at their desired pace and that everyone has a good time. They are part coach, part cheerleader, part running guru and all volunteer. Some leaders sing, some lead chants, some play trivia games, while others may struggle just like you. All of our pacers are experienced marathoners who are participating in the Little Rock Marathon to help each member of their group achieve their goal time. Pace times are as follows:
|Pace Per Mile||Marathon||Half Marathon||Pace Per Mile||Marathon||Half Marathon|
|(min:sec)||Finish Time (hrs:min)||(min:sec)||Finish Time (hrs:min)|
If you are an experienced marathoner and would be interested in leading a pace group for a specific time, please CLICK HERE to contact the Pace Team Coordinator.
For information CLICK HERE to contact the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
- No cash awards will be paid to winners.
- Only the first place male and female winners of marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K will be presented with an award at the finish line. All other awards will be mailed once race officials have certified the results.
- Awards are based on chip time.
- No duplication of awards.
- Overall Male & Female (top 3)
- Masters Male & Female (top 3)
- Wheelchair (top 3)
- Age Group Awards (top 3 male and top 3 female) in each category:
16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & Over
PREVIOUS WINNING TIMES
|Division||Name, Age||City, State Country||Time|
|Men||Mark Chepses, 37||Des Moines, IA||2:25:42|
|Women||Leah Thorvilson, 35||Little Rock, AR||2:42:39|
|Men||Mark Chepses, 36||Des Moines, IA||2:19:45|
|Women||Hellen Rotich, 33||Manor, TX||2:47:12|
|Men||Mark Chepses, 34||Des Moines, IA||2:29:42|
|Women||Leah Thorvilson, 33||Little Rock, AR||2:37:26|
|Men||Mark Chepses, 34||Calle Sierra Morelos, Mexico||2:24:08|
|Women||Leah Thorvilson, 32||Little Rock, AR||2:45:53|
|Men||Moninda Marube, 31||Keller, TX||2:29:40|
|Women||Leah Thorvilson, 31||Little Rock, AR||2:48:28|
|Men||Augustus Mbusya,32||Albuquerque, NM||2:20:46|
|Women||Leah Thorvilson, 30||Little Rock, AR||2:44:23|
|Men||Tamrat Ayalew, 33||Marietta, GA||2:24:46|
|Women||Hellen Rotich, 28||Manor, TX||2:50:33|
|Men||Przemek Bodbowski, 26||Searcy, AR||2:27:09|
|Women||Maria Cloefe’ Portilla, 34||Albuquerque, NM||2:47:12|
|Men||Charles Kamindo, 23||Superior, CO||2:19:48|
|Women||Claudia Camargo, 34||Danbury, CT||2:56:48|
|Men||John Weru, 25||Mountain View, CA||2:24:10|
|Women||Christy Nielsen, 30||Council Bluffs, IA||2:58:45|
|Men||Glen Mays, 33||Washington, DC||2:34:30|
|Women||Patricia Langum, 43||Brooklyn Park, MN||3:17:40|
|Men||Anatolie Vartosu, 35||Stamford, CT||2:36:53|
|Women||Joyce Florance, 47||Bossier City, LA||3:20:25|